Downtown Southern Food Walk
This essential Southern food tour through Atlanta’s historic Downtown traces the surprising history of our food and its importance in the Civil Rights movement. We’ll taste the South, trying regional classics like soul food chicken and yams, barbecue and moonshine, and sweet Creole candies, as well as new and exciting flavors.
Our private food walks are perfect for delicious and fun corporate team-building activities, showers and parties, and any occasion where you want to taste Atlanta. We will work with you to make your event a success.
More Info | Contact Us for Pricing
Why Atlanta Food Walks?
We love food. We love Atlanta. And, we love sharing Atlanta’s food with you. Our culinary storytellers lead three hour small group walks that feature Atlanta’s undiscovered chefs, food vendors, and neighborhoods.
Learn More | Buy Gift Certificates
People Love Us
- Atlanta Food Walks puts a fun twist on your average meal out with a guided walking food tour, combining history and delicious bites.About.comAugust 3, 2015
- Atlanta’s new Downtown Southern Food Walk explores the history of the Civil Rights movement through the lens of southern cuisine. . . . This is the neighborhood that people really need to be talking about.Conde NastJuly 8, 2015
- One of the 3 food tours every local Atlantan should do. With a background in food and storytelling, Akila McConnell, of Atlanta Food Walks, is the perfect addition to Atlanta's culinary tourism scene. . . . You won't find any food snobbery on this tour, just memorable moments for your taste buds.Atlanta Journal ConstitutionMay 29, 2015
- [One of] our five favorite tours . . . . This fascinating, 3.5-hour Downtown Southern Food Walk includes seven stops and plenty of sightseeing along the two-mile route, making it easy and delightful.Where AtlantaMay 29, 2015
- Atlanta Food Walks accommodates special diets with flair and attention to detail.ExaminerMay 22, 2015
- Food tours typically draw in tourists, but [travel writer] Akila McConnell recently launched a service targeted at locals. Atlanta Food Walks [takes] attendees through the history of Southern cuisine.Atlanta MagazineMay 18, 2015